Have you every felt backed into a corner in your business? This is the kind of situation where sales aren’t improving and you need to do something drastic to dig out of the hole your business has created? Maybe your business is doing well and you just want to take it to the next level? In either case, there are only a few things you can do to grow your business. The first and foremost is grow your sales.
Here are 7 strategies you can implement in 30 days or less to improve your sales. Done consistently, these strategies can help you double your business over the next 12 months.
1. Improve your close rate – Most business owners don’t even know what their conversion rate is from lead to sale. Getting this data is step one to solving this problem. Setup daily tracking so you can know at a moments notice exactly where you are.
2. Performance tracking – Track everything in your business. You need to know how many units are being sold, what your profits are on each sale, and what marketing methods are driving leads into your business. Think of it this way, if you could benefit from tracking it, track it!
3. Increase your sales quotas – This idea is so simple, but very effective. Go to your sales team and double their monthly or quarterly quotas. You have to constantly raise the bar for them. If you are not raising the bar, you won’t stretch them and they won’t grow!
4. Implement a CRM – I personally like Zoho CRM and Salesforce CRM. Both are excellent choices. Zoho is free for 3 users and has a lot of the functionality of Salesforce. A CRM allows your sales team to manage their prospects more effectively and can produce a 30% increase in sales right away.
5. Review your current customer list – Find out who hasn’t purchased in a while or who should be buying more. Then create a campaign around those customers with a special offer or education piece.
6. Increase your suspect to prospect conversion rate – Suspects are people you think “might” make a good client. Find more of these people and get them into your pipeline so you can market to them.
7. Capture more leads via your website – Implement a capture page or capture box on your website. Put an attractive report, training video, free chapter of a book, or coupon on your site that prospects have to register to receive. I personally like Constant Contact for this because of the auto responders you can setup on the back-end.
You can use all of these strategies together or just pick one or two to master. In the end, the results should be significant, but you want to measure where you are first to get a baseline and then implement the strategy. This will tell you just how effective it is.